Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another day in the Life

I have alot of blogs that I follow on a daily basis. Most of them are about mother's who have lost their babies to some sort of traumatizing illness or death. I don't know how I find these blogs, or even why I choose to follow them, but my heart bleeds for these mothers. Most of these blogs I have been following over a year and they are still in a deep state of depression and greiving. Other's have moved on and are still somewhat saddned. I try not to think about how I would react if I were in that situation, because that is the main thing I ask God for when I say my prayers everyday. I pray to never let anything be wrong with my children, and never let them suffer in anyway. I know I could never handle losing one of my children. As I have discussed with my husband already, God forbid, if anything should ever happen to one of my kids, just bury me right next to them because I could never survive it. I get sick seeing what these womwn are going through on the internet. I can't even imagine what they are really fighting the other 23 1/2 hours that we don't see them. It's awful. These poor children at St. Jude's Children's Hospital fighting for their tiny little lives every day. I pray that God heals them all. I wish they didn't have to suffer and die. I donate monthly to the St. Jude Hospital Foundation, but I feel like I could do more. My stomache just flops when I see those children. Tears fill my eyes. Those have to be the strongest people ever! They really are my heroes. And when my kids get a little whiny and out of line, and complain that they don't have or they want, I show them the picture's I have on the refrigerator of some of the children at St. Jude that are fighting for their lives. I tell them that those children don't have the strength to go outside and play, or can't go home and be with their brother/sister's. They can't go to the park or to the store or play basketball or Karate. They are confined to a bed all the time because they are sick and don't even know if they are going to live to see their next Birthday or not. It usually strikes a nerve. Makes them realize what is important. For a little while, anyway. I just hope that these children know that there are people out there that truly care about them and want the best for them. God Bless all children...even mine!

2 comments:

Megan said...

they are in my prayers, too. I often wonder why I read some of them - they give me nightmares, but I feel for the moms so much. It's like you want to do or say something that might aleviate their pain for just a moment.

Keepingupwiththekietas said...

I do comment on most of them, God knows they probably don't read them, but it makes ME feel better knowing I said what was in my heart. You are a good soul Megan. I am glad we met. Must have been God knowing I needed a friend. Thank you for That!