Saturday, December 5, 2009

First Snow!

Here it is people! Our first snowfall of the year 2009! It really is beautiful and always makes me a little teary-eyed. Why you asked? Because I am off my rocker! That's why! I have like, a million place to go today and the last thing I need is to worry about siding all over the damn road and crashing my SUV into a tree trying to get there. Which reminds me of the time I was on my way to work one day in a bad ice storm. I must of hit a patch of "black ice" and it sent me sailing into guard rails and every other damn thing. I felt like the ball in the pin ball machine when you pull the lever and let it go. I was bouncing back and forth from one side of the road to the other, with absolutely NO control over my car at all. I thought I was a dead girl. I remember drifting into the EMS station at the bottom of the hill, trembling and unable to breathe. All I could tell them was to get me to the Hospital! They said, "Why, what's hurting you the most?" I said "The fact that I am going to be late for work!" I remember walking in through the ER and seeing my husband, who, then I only knew as Dave, the ER nurse. I will never forget the look on his face when he saw me standing there holding my steering wheel cover, probably thinking, "What a goofy woman,RUN!" But he didn't! And here we are, seven years and two kids later! So onward with the story of the snowfall... we will start our new tradition today. Dave and the boys will go and pick out our Christmas tree, cut it down, bring it on home. And I will decorate it ...TOMORROW!!!! Happy Trails...........

No comments: