Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday My Baby Boy!

Well, Yesterday was my son, Nico's fifth Birthday. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he is 5 years old! Typical mom word's, "It feel's like yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital!!!" We had a party for him at a local party place for kids. It was pricey, but fun. Of course, I am used to feeding the entire clan, which includes my husbands ten generation's, which he still has both grandparents alive (lucky bastard), and Aunts and Uncles, cousins, great- cousins-thier kids...you get the idea. My family consists of my mom, dad, and niece. Sad huh? Anyhoo, This place charges $2.00 for one drink, $1.00 for a small cup of ice cream (the one's you get at the convenient store for 25 cents), and $10.00 for a plain pizza.($2.00) each additional topping. So I opted to pay for kids only. How cheap did I sound? Obviously pretty much so. If I were to pay for everyone's meal, I would have been stuck with a $3-400.00 bill!!! I can't afford that! I have four kids to feed. My bill came to $140.00 and there were 9 kids there. 5 didn't show (Thank Goodness) it would have broke me! It's so sad what people charge these days. I would have been better off to have the party at home and made food for everyone. From now on, it will be. I thought I would save the wear and tear of my house (and stress), but in the long run, it's always better to have things at home. All in all, it turned out nice for Nico, he had fun, got alot of nice gifts...and sang karioke. THAT itself was worth the money! I would pay any amount of money to see my kids smile... and to keep them small!!!! I love you sweet baby boy, I hope you had the best Birthday ever!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i do have to say, when Thalon died, I threw Celia's 6th birthday party three weeks later at Chuckie Cheese. I have to blame being on massive drugs to have spent $450.00 on the party but in the end? after losing a child, I would have spent triple (if i had have had it) to make sure she was happy.

but then again, i'm one sappy-ass fool.:)